Amathunzi Reserve, South Africa
There are few experiences that are as interesting as watching a chick break its shell and come into the world.God provides him a special pecking tooth to break through the hard outer covering.
Once the little wet chick steps outside of the crusty covering the unique tooth comes off his beak. Its legs are shaky as he falls several times in attempting to stand and exit the broken shell.
You want to help the little chick break the shell as it slowly works to crack and open the firm shield. The process of breaking through the hard shell is important to the development of the young bird. Opening it for them can be a death sentence for the baby.
Unfortunately, we meet many ministry people who retreat into a shell for protection. They have been hurt for various reasons and need to protect their hearts and minds from further damage. The shell is a safe place to go. It provides protection from the outside world.
Our first ministry retreat reminded us of the shell used by many as an armor against toxic leadership. But we would like to let you hear from one of the people who attended.
Little did we know that when the invitation came, that the TIMING of the retreat was going to be PERFECT. How GREAT is OUR GOD!
Reflecting on the last two weeks leading up to the retreat, we felt incredibly battered by “life”. So when we arrived late on Friday, at Amathunzi, we had no idea, that our reserves would be filled, to endure, yet another gruelling week ahead. Yes, HE is FAITHFUL.
We arrived with NO EXPECTATIONS.
THANK YOU for allowing us the time. . .
- To FILL our emotional and spiritual TANKS.
- To SOAK up the BEAUTY of a slice of HEAVEN at AMATHUNZI
- To SLEEP soundly in LUXURIOUS bedrooms.
- To STOP and BREATHE without anxiety.
- To MEET like-minded people that have so much in common with us.
- To LAUGH. . .
- To LISTEN attentively when someone engages with us.
- To ENJOY a meal SEATED.
- To LIE down while the sun is still SHINING and read a book.
- To SAVOUR good, tasty, wholesome SOUL FOOD.
- To LOUNGE in front of a fire
- To be QUIET
- To WATCH people, laugh and enjoy each other’s company.
- To PRAY with us.
- To SHARE your deep experiences with us.
Overcoming the issues, we face in life can always use a little encouragement. We can put down the shields put up to protect and feel alive again. A deep breath of rest, refreshment, renewal, restoration and refocusing can do wonders for all of us. We realize that we can go deeper still with the Lord.